Msn messenger new versions(including the 2009 messenger version and msgplus too) have an option to save the history of conversation on your computer.
This article solves the queries regarding:
- how to enable msn messenger history feature
- how to save history in msn messenger
- how to see my chat history in msn messneger
- how to delete chat history in msn live messenger
- how to stop msn live messenger to stop saving the chat history
- how to cancel msn message history
- where can i enable msn messenger history feature
- where can i disable the msn live messenger save history feature
Where is History saved and how to see it:
To check if the history has already been saved on the computer, goto the folder documents > my received files and check if there is any folder with your email address as its name. If you find it there, it will have the multiple files with the email addresses of your contacts as the file names. These are the xml form of saved chat history. You can run them by clicking them twice and see the chat history
How to enable/disable (turn on and turn off) the history feature in messenger:
To turn on or off the history feature of msn/ windows live messenger, you need to goto top menu in the messenger main window and follow:
Tools > Options
In the window that opens, you will see the option messages in the left menu, click on it to show the messages options.
Now find the section for Message History and see the option:
Automatically keep a history of my conversations.
Selecting the option and pressing apply/ok will start saving the history of your conversation in the my documents / my received files folder on your computer and if you don’t want the history of the conversation to be saved by the windows live (msn/hotmail) messenger, simply make sure that it’s not selected.
You can change the location of the folder where the history should be saved too in the option below it saying:
Save my conversations in this folder
Saving history is essential in some cases for example if you have to keep record of your conversation with your clients etc, but make sure you don’t enable chat history keeping in the msn/hotmail messenger on a public/shared computer system.
You might also like
- Alternates to MS Office – Free and Paid alternatives to microsoft
- How to Minimize Thunderbird to system tray instead of taskbar on minimize/exit
- Login to windows OS (xp, vista, seven) without password
- Why do i see numbers and letters in nicks on messenger contacts list with people name / nick? (msn messenger plus issue)
- Internet connection speed at PIMS, Islamabad