Some days ago i turned on this facebook connect feature with twitter, which started auto posting all my shared links from facebook to twitter automatically. Quite helpful, but turned out to be quite irritating. . . why? well because most of links were from my blog and i installed auto tweet plugin in my wordpress blog too . . so it started making duplicate posts in my twitter account, one from the blog itself and the other one from facebook connect! One more issue was that the links posted by facebook connect didn’t have any text or intro to it, just the shortcut link and that’s all! So finally decided to remove the facebook connect feature!
Obviously, as it might be expected, i started looking for the facebook connect feature in the facebook settings. In account settings, applications and even privacy settings! but no success! as they were not there ofcourse! So then where to find them and disable? here it is in the following tutorial.
In this tutorial you will see how to disable the facebook connect feature to twitter, in order to disable the auto posting of the facebook links to twitter account. Few queries that this article try to solve are:
- turn off facebook to twitter
- turn off facebook twitter updates
- how to turn off facebook updates to twitter
- stop facebook twitter updates
- disable auto twitter posts
To achieve it, follow this:
- Goto Twitter.com and login
- Once logged in, in the top menu, goto settings
- On the settings page, there is another top submenu, click on connnections in that menu.
- This page will show you all the enabled connections that you have currently enabled with your Twitter account.
- Simply click on Revoke Access in front of Facebook icon or any other enabled connection, and this will remove the auto connect feature for that particular website.
Now your shared link on your facebook account wall or fanpage will not be published directly to twitter account automatically via facebook connect!
You might also like
- How to auto post from Twitter to Facebook
- How to send a video on Facebook (fb messages)
- Explore the new Graph Search by Facebook – Tour
- Facebook Graph Search launched finally!
- Facebook allows to translate comments automatically now – powered by Bing