iPhone not entering DFU mode – Solution
Today I was trying to downgrade an iPhone 3G from firmware 4.0.1 to 3.1.3 and while trying to jailbreak it using redsn0w, it refused to go into dfu mode for quite some time!
Well, there can be several reasons why iPhone won’t go into the dfu mode successfully! I will list a few here including the one that workes for me (due to the specific reason that I was having this problem for)
You need to enter iPhone into dfu mode (device firmware update mode) to make changes to the firmware ofcourse!
It is used when you try to jailbreak your iPhone using a software like redsn0w which makes changes to the firmware of the iPhone.
So if you are trying to do something similar and are unable to get your iPhone into dfu mode (even if you were successful in getting iPhone’s into dfu mode before), here are few things to look at before considering something much complicated:
1. Make sure you are doing it right
Most of us don’t like this idea as we consider it as an insult o_O ! but hey! it’s always good to recheck your steps! so make sure you do it right way like this:
- connect your iphone to the computer
- turn it off
- press the power button (for 1-3 seconds until apple logo appears)
- once you see the iphone turning on, keep holding the power button but also hold down the home button in almost 10 seconds
- after almost 30 seconds (when apple logo disappears) release the power button and keep holding the home button for next 30 seconds
2. Make sure that the iPhone is fully charged
3. Press the buttons bit harder
Yeah, this one was the issue with my 3G too! I was not pressing too hard on it! don’t know why and how it got less sensitive! but it was! tried pressing harder and it worked like a charm! so give it a shot!
4. Enter dfu mode without using iPhone buttons