Update Baseband 06.15.00 With Redsn0w iPhone 3G / 3Gs
iPhone Dev Team released redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 recently with the functionality to update iPhone’s baseband with iPad baseband, making it unlockable with ultrasn0w 1.2.
To unlock your iPhone with baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 we first need to upgrade them to baseband 06.15.00 from iOS 3.2.2 for iPad to be able to unlock it using ultrasn0w 1.2.
To perform the update of the baseband of iPhone on Mac OS or Windows using redsn0w, follow this tutorial.
- Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 Mac | Windows
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS
- iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3GS
- iOS iPad 3.2.2
WARNING: Do NOT update your iPhone firmware to 4.2.1 if you are currently on iOS 4.1 and follow this tutorial to upgrade iphone baseband to 06.15.00 using pwnagetool unlock edition.
If you are currently on 4.2.1 then you’ll have a tethered jailbreak for iPhone 3GS new bootrom.
- iPhone 3G are untethered up to iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone 3GS old with bootrom are untethered up to iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom are untethered up to iOS 4.1
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom are tethered with iOS 4.2.1
Upgrade iPhone baseband to 06.15.00 using redsn0w
1. Update your iPhone iOS to 4.2.1 from iTunes if not done already
2. Launch redsn0w 0.9.6b5 ( for windows seven use compatibility mode to windows xp ) and select the ipsw firmware 4.2.1 file and wait for redsn0w to identify the firmware. (Note: windows users should right click redsn0w.exe icon and run as administrator)
3. From the next options list, select Install Cydia and Install iPad baseband options and click next. You will be warned on the next step with a notice describing the drawbacks of updating your iPhone baseband with iPad iOS 3.2.2 baseband 06.15.00.
4. Redsn0w will ask you to enter your iPhone in DFU mode by following the on screen instructions. After that keep following the instructions and your device will be jailbroken in some time.
This process will jailbreak your iPhone, making it ready to be unlocked using ultrasn0w 1.2 from cydia.
Update: (thanks to Danny)
Hi Guys just to inform you, those of you having redsnow crash on you on fetching ipad baseband heres the fix………..
1. run redsnow as per above tick only cydia NOT ipad baseband too
2. after jailbreak with cydia, run redsnow again repeat process but untick cydia (as alread done ) and tick ipad baseband copy as above.