I was setting up a new site: Pak Bloggers today and installed buddypress theme bp column on it but unfortunately the theme had some errors.
The bug in the code of bp columns for buddypress theme was: there was no left column sidebar in the wp admin widgets area
How to fix it? well it was pretty simple. Follow these steps to fix bp columns for buddypress left colum:
1. login to wordpress as admin
2. goto: Themes > Editor > Make sure that BP Columns theme is selected
3. from the list of theme files, select Theme Functions file (functions.php)
4. On the third line of bp columns theme functions.php change “1” to “2”, like this:
5. That’s it! save the file and confirm that this sidebar is available now in wordpress widgets panel!