This tutorial explains how to update your Ubuntu (10.10)
To update your ubuntu linux and it’s packages to the latest upgraded versions follow these steps:
1. Turn on the computer in ubuntu and login to your account with administrator privileges
2. Goto: (top menu) > System > Administration > Update Manager
3. It may show updates already ready for your computer. If not, click on “Check” button to check for updates.
4. Download and install the updates
5. Restart the computer by clicking on the restart button on the update manager at the end of the installation and update process. If there is no restart button highlighted, then restart manually.
This way you will be easily able to update your ubuntu installation and packages in it from one place!