This guide will explain how to jailbreak iPad 2 with redsn0w. Please note this works to jailbreak ipad 2 4.3 iOS only.
Redsn0w makes it simple to jailbreak iPad 2 without having complex steps. This is a tethered jailbreak for ipad 2.
To jailbreak iPad 2 4.3 using redsn0w follow these steps:
How to Jailbreak iPad 2 4.3 with redsn0w (tethered)
1. Download iOS for ipad 2.
2. Restore the iOS for ipad via itunes
3. Download redsn0w (0.9.6) for windows or mac.
4. Run redsn0w and point to the ipsw file for iPad 2. Once the ipsw file is selected select the options presented on screen by redsn0w (required: Install Cydia) and click next.
5. Make sure iPad 2 is plugged in to your computer and then turn it off. Click next.
6. Put iPad 2 on DFU mode by following the on screen instructions.
7. Once the device is in dfu mode, the process will continue automatically and your iPad 2 iOS 4.3 will be jailbreaked.