WordPress has just released its latest version 3.0.2.
The WordPress 3.0.2 is a security release fixing some important security related issues. such as:
- Fix moderate security issue where a malicious Author-level user could gain further access to the site.
- Remove pingback/trackback blogroll whitelisting feature as it can easily be abused.
- Fix canonical redirection for permalinks containing %category% with nested categories and paging.
- Fix occasional irrelevant error messages on plugin activation.
- Minor XSS fixes in request_filesystem_credentials() and when deleting a plugin.
- Clarify the license in the readme
- Multisite: Fix the delete_user meta capability
- Multisite: Force current_user_can_for_blog() to run map_meta_cap() even for super admins
- Multisite: Fix ms-files.php content type headers when requesting a URL with a query string
- Multisite: Fix the usage of the SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL constant for upgraded WordPress MU installs
Files changed in this release are:
wp-includes/ms-files.php wp-includes/version.php wp-includes/comment.php wp-includes/functions.php wp-includes/load.php wp-includes/canonical.php wp-includes/capabilities.php readme.html wp-admin/includes/plugin.php wp-admin/includes/file.php wp-admin/includes/update-core.php wp-admin/plugins.php
The latest release of wordpress is available for download at wordpress.org
Click here for the tutorial to update your wordpress from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2.