I was surfing through facebook and found a post there which told something astonishing for me atleast! and it literally made me wonder how powerful media (specially electronic media) is.
First of all, again, how is this post related to tech? Well media is a “very big” part of technology, so definitely we would like to cover about it here.
Ok back to the topic. Read through these points (quoting them as I got there – haven’t verified them personally though, please let me know if you have any updates for me) and then tell me, honestly, do you feel like a “fool” and that media fooled all of us, again?
Now let me make it clear that I’m not a pro or against libya or Qaddafi. Infact I didn’t know much about him or his country before all this hype in which USA illegally interfered in that countries matters, once again. I’m just sharing this post to give you an idea of what media can do!
Libya & QADDAFI …FACTS THAT CANT BE DENIED
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free
for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are
state-owned and loans given
to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya –
Gaddafi vowed that his parents
would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
home. Gaddafi’s father has
died while him, his wife and his mother are still living
in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$
50,000 ) by the government
to buy their first apartment so to help start up the
5. Education and medical treatments are free in
Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25%
of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career,
they would receive farming
land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and
livestock to kick- start their farms
– all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical
facilities they need in Libya,
the government funds them to go abroad for it –
not only free but they get US
$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government
subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves
amount to $150 billion – now
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after
graduation the state would
pay the average salary of the profession as if he or
she is employed until
employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to
the bank accounts of all
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation
project, known as the Great
Man-Made River project, to make water readily
available throughout the desert
Even if these are wrong facts, we still know how strong the media is now (and who controls it ofcourse) and even if Qaddafi was wrong, or bad, it still proves that media controlled our minds, and it does, still today.
Whats your contribution to the society? are you controlling their minds through media too? or are you trying to get them out of this control in anyway? using your technology ???