While publishing a post today I faced a weird issue with wordpress. When i tried to published a post, it showed a blank page on wordpress. It’s not that the page content was not present, but the it was a totally blank screen, like page not found, the post totally disappeared once it was published.
The issue being faced was as follows:
- When i tried adding a new post, it got saved properly as draft
- I was able to preview while it was saved as draft (and not published)
- Once it was published, the page was blank on front end
- on homepage, it showed its excerpt in latest posts, but when clicked on the link, it opened the full page, which was a blank page with blank screen on wordpress
- on clicking preview changes the page was still blank
- upon changing the permalink slug for this post to only 2 words, it showed the post on front end
- tried publishing the same post on other blog and it worked perfectly fine there
- was not able to upload a specific image for this post, other images got uploaded easily
I am not sure what’s the reason of this though! it happened to me once in the past too!