Well that day, just like any other day, I slept at night, tired and exhausted from the everyday work and modifications to nabtron without having any clue what’s going to happen to me in some time . . .
I got visited by one of my “efficient” cousin and he tried connecting to my wifi network but he failed because i had setup the password for the linksys network connectivity for security. Well! he decided to play around with it and finally . . . NO! he wasn’t able to fix it, but he corrupted every setting . . .
Anyway, to my amusement, when i tried to login to my linksys wrt54gr wifi router admin panel to fix the problem next day i some how wasn’t able to login to my router’s admin panel! Well . . . if you have had similar experience and now you don’t know how to reset / or retrieve password of your wifi router – linksys wrt54gr router specially then you have landed to a correct page :) simply follow the tutorial to get it fixed.
If you have forgotton the linksys router admin access password or for any other want to reset the settings of the any other linksys wireless wifi router too (other than cisco – linksys wrt54gr router too) simply follow this article.
1. Power on the router
First of all place the power of your linksys wrt54gr router (linksys wireless wifi router) in place and turn it on.
2. Remove all LAN connections
Remove all the LAN connections of the wifi router with any computers connected to it.
3. Reset the router
Pick your linksys wrt54gr router in your hands. See its back side and you will find a small pinhole / button to reset the wifi router. Press that button and keep pressed for almost 30 seconds (although just gently pressing it once and releasing works usually but in some cases it might need to be pressed for almost ~30 seconds)
4. Configure your linksys wrt54gr wifi router
Once you have reset the linksys router, now you need to configure it again . Please note that this not only have reset your router’s admin panel password but also now your wrt54gr have got all its settings reset to default too (all LAN, wifi, security, password, access ip address, default name, etc)
You can now access the linksys wrt54gr wifi router admin panel with these details:
Router Configuration page link IP address: 192.168.1.1
Username: none (blank username)
If the above don’t work, please try these combinations:
Username : Password
root : admin
admin : admin
(blank) : (blank)
admin : (blank)
(blank) : admin
admin : password
Once in the router’s admin panel now you can configure your link sys wrt54gr wifi router normally and also change your login user and password.
If you find any difficulty in logging into your routers admin panel or any error/omissions in the above article do let me know by commenting below :)
- It doesn’t matter which computer you use to configure your router
- When you reset it, leave it for a few minutes (2-5) then take off the power and leave it on for 2-5 minutes again before connecting or doing anything
- When configuring, save it on each page that you make changes to
- for password, use wpa2 security and use any 8 digit word for your network
You might also like
- Setup wateen internet device with linksys wifi router
- Cheapest and fastest way to clean your Laptop / monitor screen
- iPad finally out to the public – Fans stood all night outside Apple Store
- How to know if your Hard Disk drive is failing
- Linksys wrt54gr default username and password