Webmin, a not so common platform for me to work on, was bit of a pain when I had to change the ftp password of the hosting account for a client.
If you want to change the ftp password in webmin, follow these steps:
1. login into webmin hosting account
2. From the menu, click on systems
3. click on Users and groups
4. Click on user to change the password for
5. make sure the option for normal password is checked when changing the password.
This will change the required user’s ftp password in webmin