Blackra1n release RC3 is available for both windows and mac supporting iPhone 3G and iPhone 3Gs with the unlock for baseband 05.11.07.
It’s not only advance but also pretty much easy to use utility. It also includes the Blacksn0w unlock for 05.11.07 baseband, enable official tethering and huge15 second speed improvement.
Files to Download:
Download the Blackra1n Rc3 from the list below along with your required ipsw file (for either iPhone 3G or 3Gs)
- iPhone 3G 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB) more info below
- iPhone 3GS 3.1 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB) more info below
- Blackra1n RC3 download (Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3G 3GS with baseband 5.11.07)
Getting Started (Preparing to Jailbreak your iPhone)
Before attempting to jailbreak / unlock your iPhone 3G/3Gs using Blackrain, consider the following points and select which one is the right method for you:
1. Locked iPhone 3G/3Gs with firmware 3.x.x Never Jailbroken before : Follow the Step One to Step Six
2. Locked iPhone 3G/3Gs with firmware 3.x.x Jailbroken before : You have two conditions
- If Blackra1n.app is still on your iPHone springboard, simply run it. It will replace the Icy replaced with option ra1n. Install this to upgrade your app. Once the app is upgraded, run blackra1n.app once again and now you will see sn0w. Install sn0w and this will now unlock your iPhone. Enjoy !
- If you deleted Blackra1n.app from your iPhone or your iPhone was jailbroken by other methods / pwned, then simply install blacksn0w on cydia or do a fresh install as in the following step.
3. Firmware 3.X.X and want to have a clean install of 3.1.2 : Then simply download the firmware for your iPhone 3G/3Gs from above and restore your iPhone to the stock firmware 3.1.2 with Shift+Restore(windows) or Option + Restore(Mac) in iTunes. Or Simply hit the upgrade button in iTunes and then follow the step One to Six.
Jailbreaking Your iPhone 3G/3Gs
Once you have downloaded the relevant files and chosed which way to proceed to jailbreak/unlock your iPhone 3G/3Gs, here are the steps to follow:
Download Blackra1n RC3 and launch the program by double clicking the rain drop icon.
Windows 7 / Vista users – if you have any difficulty in launching the program follow these instructions otherwise jump to Step Two.
- Right-click the blackra1n icon and click properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Under compatibility mode click the box to enable it and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
- Click OK, and then run blackra1n.
Click on make it ra1n button.
You iPhone will now be placed in recovery mode. You will see a picture of GeoHot that replaces the regular recovery mode screen on your iPhone 3G/3Gs.
Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n has completed its work and blackra1n icon will appear there. If you don’t see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should be able to see it (if you have applications in < 11 pages).
Install your preferred application from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Rock and Sn0w. Its recommended not to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install one of them then reboot and then install the second one.
Just hit the sn0w button and the process will happen itself. After the process is complete you will have your unlocked baseband 5.11.07 for your iPhone 3G/3Gs.
Post Jailbreak Fixes
- Fix AFC2 Error : Blackra1n doesn’t adds the afc2 support to your jailbreaked iPhone. iPhone browser, iFunbox, Diskaid etc uses the afc2 service to access the file system and allow the transfer of files such as Winterboard themes, NES ROMs or eBooks to the iPhone. In short you can’t access root partition of your drive with desktop clients.
- Launch the cydia and search for afc2add and install this patch.
- After installation reboot your phone and you’ll be fine again.